Table of contents
- It is that time of the year again!
- Aviyel participating for the first time
- Hacktoberfest with Aviyel!
- How do I participate?
- Structure of each week
- Week 1 (October 1st - October 8th)
- Week 2 (October 9th - October 15th)
- Week 3 (October 16th - October 22nd)
- Week 4 (October 23rd - October 28th)
- Judging Criteria ( Total: 50 points )
- Event Calendar:
We’re excited to announce that we will be taking part in this year’s Hacktoberfest! We’re kicking off the event with a special party for our members. If you’ve been thinking about joining us and haven’t yet, now is your chance! There are going to be lots of fun—and surprises—in store for you at this celebration so don’t miss out on it!
It is that time of the year again!
It is the time of the year again: open source month! This year we have something very special planned for you: hacktoberfest with Aviyel! hacktoberfest with Aviyel, a celebration of all things open source from software to hardware—and beyond. Let’s work together to improve our community. There are many different ways that you can participate in this event: attend events on the Aviyel platform; create awesome technical content using our platform; volunteer as an event organizer—host one of our events or meet us after.
Aviyel participating for the first time
Open Source community is growing more diverse and energetic every day. No matter what your interests are or which field you work in—you will be able to find someone who can help you there. Open source software, advocacy efforts, and other collaborative projects benefit from the community that supports them. This backbone of support is what makes these endeavors possible—and that’s where Aviyel comes in.
Aviyel is committed to making open source software grow through awareness and adoption. Communities can use Aviyel's platform to keep in touch with the latest information, ask questions, and share their challenges—organizing online events for their own communities as well as extending the value of open source software in general.
Hacktoberfest with Aviyel!
A month-long celebration where participants are prompted to contribute in ways other than writing code during this four-week period. We wanted to provide an avenue for people to connect, compete and collaborate with fellow open source enthusiasts. And on top of that, we’re providing mentors—giving creators a voice while also giving them assistance along the way. Here are some examples of how you can contribute:
Write documentation for an existing project. A good way to do this is by creating a new page in the wiki with details about the project, and adding any relevant information that you have found out while researching it. The more detailed your documentation is, the better it will be for people who are looking for help with the project.
Create a tutorial or write an article for an existing project: Tutorials and articles are important because they provide instructions on how to use a tool or service in a step-by-step manner. If you have experience using something, it's easy for others to follow along with your tutorial.
This can be especially helpful if the new user needs help getting started using your application or toolkits. If possible, create multiple articles and content so that there are several ways to learn about the product or service from different perspectives
Create an API reference page for an open source project: An API reference page contains links to all of the API calls and responses used by an application or library.
How do I participate?
Structure of each week
Welcome to the first hacktoberfest, this is a month-long celebration of open source contributions. This is an opportunity for everyone to show their appreciation and support for open source software by participating in a community of people who also care about contributing.
This event is open to everyone who wants to participate. If you have any questions about the event, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Opening ceremony: October 3rd, 2022, Monday on our Aviyel Event Platform.
Onecelebration: October 1st - October 8th, 2022.
Twocelebration: October 9th - October 15th, 2022.
Threecelebration: October 16th - October 22nd, 2022.
Fourcelebration: October 23rd - October 28th, 2022.
- Winner announcement: October 31st, 2022, Monday.
Week 1 (October 1st - October 8th)
In this first week of the hacktoberfest:
- To help you get started with the content creation journey, we have an amazing lineup of speakers who will share their insights on content creation. Hear from them and learn how they enhanced their skills, as well as what opportunities await you in the future!
- Participants will then be asked to write content about general topics, and the deadline for that is one week (October 7th).
Week 2 (October 9th - October 15th)
In this second week of the Hacktoberfest, the host will be covering a lot of general topics:
- We will have renowned speakers who are experts in technical content creation. They’ll teach you everything from the nuts and bolts of technical content creation to how to make it interesting for your audience.
- Speaker will provide guidelines for the registered participants/attendees to write content about ultimate guidelike articles.
- The participant is expected to produce content about the ultimate guide like article by following the guidelines provided in that session, and the deadline for submission will be also one week (October 17th).
Week 3 (October 16th - October 22nd)
In this third week of the Hacktoberfest:
- Participants/Attendees will be required to choose the project as well as topics they would like to work on by the end of week 2.
- Participants/Attendees will be able to view a series of live sessions and pre-recorded videos that offer in-depth and relevant insights about the project.
- Participants/Attendees will have a chance to submit questions, and we will get them answered by the relevant person from the project.
Week 4 (October 23rd - October 28th)
In this fourth week of the Hacktoberfest:
- Participants will have 8 days to submit the final article, and successful contributors will be awarded badges.
- Submissions with the most votes are eligible to win a swag box filled with goodies.
Judging Criteria ( Total: 50 points )
- Participate in at least two workshops (
- Number of likes, comments, and reshares - how did the community respond to it, and was it engaging enough to make them want more? (
- Originality and Creativity of the content. (
- Flow and progression of ideas in the content should be clear, informative, and illustrated with visuals wherever possible. (
- Use clear, well-thought-out examples to support your statements; don’t be vague. (
- Well-written, insightful conclusion that ties together with your entire content while also adding some detailed references (
5 + 5 = 10 points)
The rules for Hacktoberfest are simple:
- Participants are requested to create technical content based on the theme of each week (listed above) and submit it within the deadline.
- Participants will be eligible for a prize only if they attend at least 2 workshops and make 3 submissions (one each week).
- No NSFW-based content is allowed.
- Submissions must be original work (e.g., your own content or research).
- Submissions that are not original work cannot be considered for prizes.
- Submissions must not have been submitted to another publication before submission to Hacktoberfest.
- Content should reflect community feedback, teach the reader something important, or answer questions they may have about any topics related to the projects.
- To qualify for a prize, participants must be registered.
- Participants are allowed to cross-post their content on other sites.
- Plagiarized content will not be accepted.
- Participants stand a chance to grab or claim a limited edition Hacktoberfest-themed virtual badge.
- Every week we'll share some of the best articles written by participants on Aviyel’s social media.
- The five best contributors during this Hacktoberfest will receive a swag box.
Week 1 (Decoding open source):
- October 3rd, 2022, Monday (12:30 EST): Opening Ceremony | Hacktoberfest with Aviyel feat. Insha ramin. 👉 (RSVP NOW!)
October 4th, 2022, Tuesday (12:30 EST): Decoding open source with
- October 6th, 2022, Thursday (12:30 EST): Decoding open source with Kartikey Rawat. 👉 (RSVP NOW!)
October 7th, 2022, Friday (12:30 EST): Decoding open source with
Week 2 (Streamlining technical content creation):
- October 10th, 2022, Monday (12:30 pm EST): Master the art of content creation with Harsh Bardhan Mishra.
- October 11th, 2022, Monday (12:30 pm EST): Master the art of content creation with Tapas Adhikary.
- October 12th, 2022, Wednesday (01:00 pm EST): Master the art of content creation with Yuri.
- October 13th, 2022, Thursday (01:00 pm EST): Master the art of content creation with Dishi Mehta.
Week 3 (Project Insights):
- October 17th, 2022, Monday (12:30 pm EST): Closer look at ReactPlay with Tapas Adhikary.
- October 19th, 2022, Wednesday (08:30 am EST): Closer look at Tolgee with Jan cizmar.
- October 19th, 2022, Wednesday (01:30 am EST): Closer look at Testsigma with Amit Savyasachi.
- October 21st, 2022, Friday (01:30 am EST): Closer look at Novu with Emil Pearce.
- More to follow…
We're excited to announce Hacktoberfest with Aviyel! This event will bring together developers, writers, and designers for a day of giving back to our community. It's an opportunity to get involved, whether you're new or already have experience working on open source projects. We'll be holding this event at Aviyel starting from October till the end—attendees will hear talks by leading experts in various different fields.
Ready to go? Sign up here.